First, Brendan and I would like to apologize to everyone for “disappearing”. Life happened in a very big and great way for us. After a very long time of praying, working hard and saving money, we were able to purchase our first home. Anyone who has not only purchased a home, but their 1st home especially, knows how crazy and hectic it can be. Also, we adopted a new puppy, Chunk. So, before I continue with this post, we wanted to give you, our awesome and amazing nerds our sincerest apologies.
Time to catch up
Brendan and I have kept up with new releases but we have not had the time to write our reviews. I will list the movies we’ve seen below. I am sure by now all of the movies that we’ve seen, everyone has seen, but we still wanted to let you know what we thought very briefly.
- Star Trek Beyond: Great summer blockbuster film. Loved the ode to the first film in this series. Much better than Into the Darkness.
- The Conjuring 2: James Wan really knows how to scare the audience and continues to change the horror film genre.
- Suicide Squad: Expectations were low and the film did not deliver, but from what I’ve read about the original film, I might have enjoyed the original content. I’ll have to watch the extended version on Blu Ray.
- Batman: The Killing Joke: Disappointing. Batman: The Dark Knight Rises Part 2 was much better.
- Me Before You: I didn’t read the book and I am sure the book was better because 99% of the time they always are. Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin were great though.
- Popstar: Never Stop Stopping: Typical Andy Samberg & The Lonely Boys work but I think Brooklyn Nine Nine is funnier.
- Independence Day Resurgence: Ugh.
- Now You See Me 2: Not bad. I wouldn’t pay to watch it in the theatre but enjoyable to watch on HBO. A bit better than the first.
- The Legend of Tarzan: Surprisingly good. I am going to go and say that this is Margo Robbie’s year. I still remember her from Pan Am.
- The Purge Election Year: Sadly, too close to what’s going on in the world today.
- The Secret Life of Pets: Hilarious! I love animals. Brendan and I treat our fur children like real people. We would always come up with elaborate stories on what our pets would do when we were gone. This summed it up. Insert slow clap.
Everyone’s favorite segment “Torture Brendan” Is slated to return soon. We filmed 2 tortures last month, but we have not had the time to edit/upload them and even though they were from last month, we still plan on uploading those episodes. Who knows, maybe your movie was drawn from the “hulk mug of torture”.
Now that we have the extra space, we are in the process of making a movie room. What is a movie room or our version of a movie room you ask? Well, for us, it will be a room to let our nerd wings fly. The room will be decorated like a movie theatre (DIY fun) with the occasional movie posters, framed comics and memorabilia. This room will also be Brendan’s new torture space. We were thinking about vloging the DIY process but we are still throwing that idea around. If we get enough nerds requesting a vlog of the DIY process, then we might really consider this idea.
What’s to come?
We have so many ideas on how we will improve and expand Sup, Nerds! We will get back to our regularly scheduled segments and possibly create new segments like DIY projects, Pinterest Hacks/Fails, and reading challenges. If you have any ideas on what we should do, please let us know and we will work on them.
If you stayed and read this entire post, THANK YOU! Your support is greatly appreciated and once again we are sorry for disappearing. We promise we are still here and we haven’t forgotten you.
Stephanie & Brendan