Where do I begin?
Let me start with major SPOILERS AHEAD.
If you have not seen the movie STOP READING THIS and GO WATCH NOW.
With that said, Captain America Civil War was fantastic and probably the best film Marvel has ever done. There, I said it. Before watching I knew I was going to love it but I didn’t realize how much. You can tell that the Russo brothers are comic book fans because they did such a great job at giving us the perfect blend of everything from the humor, fight scenes, political side of the comic and the effects. I haven’t paid to watch to re-watch a movie in a theatre since Titanic (don’t judge me I was 12) but I would gladly and plan on watching this a few more times in the theatre. It was that great.
I am going to try and make this post as short as I can. I am not sure if that is possible since there were so many great scenes.
- My favorite scene probably from the entire movie was probably the fight scene between the Winter Soldier, Captain America and Iron Man. Just seeing how the Winter Soldier grabbed the shield and using it to fight Iron Man and switching back and forth from Captain America was so damn cool! It was like a comic book really did come to life. Within this same fight scene I also enjoyed how they managed to capture the cover of the comic book Civil War part 7.
- The cast: Most of them we’ve seen several times together but with Civil War it gave us Paul Rudd ( Ant-Man), Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther), and Tom Holland (Spider-man) working together with the rest of the cast. The chemistry was there and it came off nicely on film.
- Chadwick Boseman is a great actor and did such a great job at portraying Black Panther. He really captured the feeling of being torn from revenge or doing what is right. Even though, technically, Black Panther is on Team Cap in the comics, towards the end of the film when he realizes what really happened, he pretty much ended up on Captain America’s side.
- Ant-Man to Giant Man. Nuff said
- The introduction of MCU’s Spiderman. Tom Holland did a decent job as a real teenager version of Spider-man and his costume was cool but, this is still the 3rd time that we are seeing Peter Parker in high school. Of course I will still watch “Spider-man Homecoming” and I’m sure MCU will do it justice but I was ready to see a new Spider-man, possibly Miles Morales. I just want something new. Also, we are getting a newer, younger version of Aunt May from Marisa Tomei. I really enjoyed how Tony Stark made it known that she was very good looking and she didn’t look like an Aunt.
- The least bit shocking to me was Emily Van Camp being Sharon Carter. As a coming book fan, I already knew this going in, so the story wasn’t that shocking but it was nice to see Cap finally being comfortable in moving on.
That was just a smidge of the movie. I could write more about the movie, but then this would be an extremely long post and I am going to spare you the novel. I was super excited about the announcement of this film and they definitely lived up to their reputation and surpassed it after this movie. This is how a great comic book movie is made. Take note DC. Hate to bash you but MCU just dropped the mic.
I would love to hear from you, your favorite and least favorite scenes and what could have been better.
If you didn’t already know, I am Team Captain America all the way.